Aadhar Card is one of the most important document for any Indian citizen, and very soon it will be made compulsory for all the Indian citizen to have Aadhar Card. But, why is Aadhar card so important to have? and, what are the benefits of having an aadhar? All these queries will be answered in this post, along with that we will also tell you how you can check your Aadhar card status online?
Why Aadhar card is so important?
Aadhar card gives you an opportunity to access various benefits provided by government. If you have aadhar card linked with your bank account, you will receive the funds directly in your bank account without any proof. From time to time, government sent’s money to you bank account if you are liable to receive one. Generally, people with below property line and especially farmers get direct benefits of it. Also, it acts as an identity proof for Indian citizen. If you want to apply for voter ID, Driving Licence, Pan Card, Passport etc., Aadhar card is sufficient as a Id proof to apply for these services.
You can also change your address: Learn How ?
Those users who have applie & have received their Aadhar Card with the wrong printed address, it can be a big problem. Its better to apply for address change as soon as possible. The change of address process is simple and people with less technical knowledge can also apply for address change online. It is actually possible to change the address online and you can save a lot of time by avoiding long queue at the Aadhar centre. On the official website of UADAI options are available to apply for change in address. If you are not sure about how to apply for change in address, this article will be helpful for you. Recent data shows that, most number of people have complained about the miss printed address in their aadhar. Keeping the number of complaints in mind, government has started this facility to change your address online.
You have the facility to add any one of the following list of Aadhar card address change documents when to register an online request for address change. In our advised, until and unless the UIDAI find something strange or fishy about the Aadhar Card Address change request, they are typically updated within the stipulated time.
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Voter ID Card
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
Aadhaar BPO Service Provider
After your update request will be completed. An Update Request Number (URN) will be given to you. For future use this number to track your request. Users can also download their File stating your URN. Do not worry also as you will get an SMS with your URN.
Check Aadhar Card Status via SMS (Offline Mode)
Check Aadhar card status through SMS?
Government provides you the facility to check your uidai card status through SMS which is a very handy process for most of the peoples. All you have to do is send a SMS to 51969. To check aadhar card status by Phone, send an sms “UID STATUS <14 digit enrollment number>” , to the above given number. Here, one of the most important point you must note if you have sent SMS through the registered mobile number for that same enrollment number and if your aadhaar card is processed then you will receive your 12 digit aadhaar card number. However, if you sent SMS through some other mobile number or if your aadhaar card is not yet processed then you will receive the current status of your aadhaar card on your phone.
When you get an access to Aadhar card status, and if it is available then you can Download E-aadhaar card online from the official site of UIDAI, It is best advisable to download and print UIDAI CARD before it arrives at your postal address.
Aadhar Card Status Online by Name & Date of birth
UIDAI has launched a new portal which allows us to check our Aadhar Card Status online. You can actually get the status by using minimal details like name and mobile number. We have guided you below with the whole process by which you can obtain your Aadhar Enrollment ID (EID). Once you have your Enrollment ID details that are shared with you by UIDAI by following the procedure explained below you can easily check your aadhar status.
As we have listed above, you need to have your EID in order to check your Aadhar Card Status. Those who have lost/forgotten this ID do follow the below steps to retrieve the EID details using your Name, E-mail, Mobile number.
- At the first step, you will have to visit the www.uidai.gov.in website Click here https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- When you are on the main site do select Enrollment No (EID) option available in there.
- Here you will be asked to enter the following details correctly in order to recover your EID details:
- Full Name (as in the Enrollment slip)
E-mail (registered one at the time of enrollment)
Mobile Number (That you have submitted during enrollment) P.S You can enter email or mobile number or both.
Security code (see the displayed code and enter it in the space provided below)
- After you have entered the correct details you can press “Get OTP” button.
- All the details that you have entered will be verified by UIDAI users database and if it finds requested EID details for the specified name and mobile number then it will send you an OTP (one time password).
- Once you are done with first step, you need to enter the receive OTP and verify the it. After which UIDAI will send you another SMS /E-mail with the Enrollment ID details requested.
Now you are done with the procedure of receiving your Enrollment ID details you are ready to check the aadhar card status.
The aadhar status check can be done in different modes available both online and offline.
If ever you are far form an internet connection there is a provision to get the details directly on your mobile phone.
Easiest way to check your Aadhar card Status online
- Visit the Aadhaar status page on the UIDAI website.
- At the next step, check your Aadhaar acknowledgement slip. At the top of which you will see the 14-digit enrolment number and a 14-digit date and time of enrolment.
- Provide these two numbers in the EID and Date/ Time columns respectively.
- Now you need to enter the captcha in the field labelled Enter the Security Code.
- Click Check Status.